Sunday, October 9, 2016

A4 Patriotic Mystery Underway!

Originally, had planned on utilizing the 'scrappy' option of our latest Patriotic Mystery but, while going through my personal scrap bins, stumbled across these two wonderful patriotic prints and decided to do something I NEVER do - alter a two fabric and/or scrappy Mystery into a 3+ fabrics:

Red Patriotic print/Blue Patriotic print/Parchment solid
And - using a parchment colored solid versus my usual stark white!  Shall be interesting to see how this works out ;-)

So, after the cutting:

ALL the necessary strips and squares cut - ready to sew!
On to one of my favorite parts...sewing, then pressing and MORE cutting!

Cutting the strips into Red/Parchment/Blue units

And Clue #1 of our latest A4 Mystery by Alycia is now complete!

ALL necessary units for Clue #1 complete, safely tucked away until next week...

To join in the Mystery FUN, Please follow this direct web link for ALL the Mystery details:
 https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/MysteryQuilts4Military/info

Now that I can put Clue #1 to bed, time to get back to sewing those Patriotic Star units I started last week.  Got a little sidetracked w/annual Fall cold with the fluctuating temps but, back at it today!

Half of the 25 block units have BOTH of their corner squares sewn on
and the other half, waiting patiently for their turn at the sewing machine...


Sewing the corner squares on the Patriotic Star units - my Dad would refer to my sewing set-up as a 'jig'...loved that term, sounds 'festive' don't you think?

GREEN painter's tape to the rescue - works great for establishing a definitive sewing line for my squares w/NO marking...Yes!  I HATE to mark - takes ALL the FUN out of sewing ;-)

Time to mow so I can sew...later.


Questions?  Please Contact:

Deb Lindley/Founder/Group Leader
East Central IL QOV
217.264.2051 (Direct)

“Covering our Service Members and Veterans touched by war with Quilts of Valor®…”


              

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your message may be posted, once it has been approved by the blog Administrator...Thank You!