The Mission of the Quilts of Valor Foundation®: "To cover Service Members and Veterans touched by war, with comforting and healing Quilts of Valor."
During the holidays w/Family and Friends, we will sometimes see those we haven't seen for a while and we start 'catching up' with what's been going on in each others' lives during conversation. Many times, those of us involved with Quilts of Valor will get the opportunity to share what we do and how we do it...Wonderful!
Just a few tips to those who may initiate a Quilt of Valor Nomination:
1. Please instruct EVERYONE to go to our www.QOVF.org site and nominate a Service Member or Veteran whose been touched by war by 'clicking on' the Request QOV located under the Take Action button on the landing page of the national QOVF.org site. We do not accept personal QOV nominations locally, over the phone, or through personal email - this is to ensure ALL the correct QOV Recipient's information is gathered, and for documentation purposes.
2. When nominating someone to receive a Quilt of Valor, the following information is required:
a) the Quilt of Valor Recipient's FULL name and whether they have ever been nominated and/or received a Quilt of Valor.
b) the QOV Recipient's physical/shipping address, in the event a personal QOV Award Ceremony is not possible, and to determine which area of the state/country the QOV Nominee resides. We do receive nominations from those residing in one county/state for a QOV Nominee, who may reside in another county/state.
c) The QOV Award Recipient's Branch of Military Service and their initial Deployment, IF known.
d) Your Contact information as the person making the QOV nomination - including your email and phone number to ensure the QOV Nominee's information is correct and to set-up the Quilt of Valor Award, whether in person, group setting, or shipped to someone who will make the actual QOV Award.
e) If nominating from and/or for the East Central IL area, Please make this information available in the Additional Comments section of the QOV Nomination form.
f) Prior to submission - Please check EVERYTHING to make certain ALL information is correct, including the shipping address of the QOV Award Recipient and the correct spelling of their Full Name. Many times, this is the ONLY information we receive, which will be duplicated on Quilt of Valor Award Certificates, QOV quilt labels, in the QOV Award Ceremonial documents, etc.
3. Please Take Note - most Quilt of Valor Nominees are very honored to be nominated to be awarded a Quilt of Valor. Occasionally there are exceptions for personal reasons, which we must honor. Please be mindful of these Service Members and Veterans. If they choose NOT to accept their Quilt of Valor Award nomination, it is ultimately 'their choice', not ours.
4. ANYONE may create and award a Quilt of Valor to a deserving Service Member or Veteran - as long as each Quilt of Valor meets our QOVF Standards of Excellence and adheres to our QOVF Policies and Procedures.
5. East Central IL QOV is here to assist anyone in our East Central IL Membership area with a QOV nomination, creation and awarding of a Quilt of Valor. Please feel free to contact any of our QOVF Volunteer Members in good standing for further details and to answer any questions you may have. (East Central IL QOV Group Leader contact info below).
A Quilt of Valor is considered one of the highest Awards a US citizen may bestow upon a Service Member or Veteran. A Quilt of Valor is a lifetime Award.
Enjoy this Holiday Season with your Family and Friends,
Deb Lindley/Founder/Group Leader
East Central IL QOV
“Covering our Service Members and Veterans touched by war with Quilts of Valor®…”