QOV H & H East VS. West Competition Details & PRIZES!
- Any quilter/sewer EAST of the Mississippi who chooses to participate in this competition is eligible to compete and WIN!
- Must be a resident of the United States - just a formality, but needs to be mentioned ;-)
- And here's HOW TO WIN:
- Whomever makes and sends the MOST Hearth & Home blocks AND they are received by Judie Yates of QOVF.org No Later Than July 31, 2014, WINS First Place!
- Womever makes and sends the Second Most Hearth & Home blocks AND they are received by Judie Yates of QOVF.org No Later Than July 31, 2014, WINS Second Place!
- Womever makes and sends the Third Most Hearth & Home blocks AND they are received by Judie Yates of QOVF.org No Later Than July 31, 2014, WINS Third Place!
1. First Prize = One (1) large Quilt of Valor Tumbler Tote, Three (3) various Valor Fat Quarters, One (1) pound of Chocolate
2. Second Prize = One (1) medium Quilt of Valor Tumbler Tote, Three (3) various Valor Fat Quarters, 1/2 pound of Chocolate
3. Third Prize = One (1) small Quilt of Valor Tumbler Clutch, Three (3) various Valor Fat Quarters, 1/4 pound of Chocolate
The Quilt of Valor Tumbler Totes will be patterned after a recent youtube.com video tutorial by Jenny of Missouri Quilt Company:
We will use charm packs in the medium QOV Tumbler Tote that are used in this youtube.com video of Jenny's however, we will be using my 6" AccuQuilt Go! Tumbler dies to cut fabrics to create the large QOV Tumbler Tote for the First Place Prize. As soon as we get these QOV Tumbler Totes created, we will be updating this post to share pics. These QOV Tumbler Totes will be 'one-of-a-kind', created specifically for this competition - May the Best Competitor WIN!
In case you haven't discovered the 2014 QOV Hearth & Home Block Drive and accompanying H & H Block Pattern, Please follow this link for ALL the details and the .pdf pattern: http://www.qovf.org/Pdf_Files/HearthHome_BlockPatternB.pdf It is also available on the www.qovf.org website in the upper right-hand corner of the home page.
Alrighty then - nothing left to say except..."Everyone - Start Your Sewing Machines!"
Deb Lindley/Founder/Group Leader
East Central IL QOV
“Covering our Service Members and Veterans touched by war with Quilts of Valor®…”
Here's a link to photos of our 'first batch' of Hearth & Home blocks we just sent in:
*** Please Note: Judie Yates of QOVF.org will be keeping track of ALL Hearth & Home Blocks received and will release the Final count following the July 31, 2014 deadline. ANY Hearth & Home Blocks received 'after' the July 31, 2014 deadline will NOT count towards this competition. We cannot be held legally liable and/or responsible for any mail or shipping delays or lost packages. ALL Prizes will be awarded once Judie Yates of QOVF.org makes the final Hearth & Home Block count announcement w/corresponding block creators. It is the sole responsibility of each winner of this competition to provide adequate mailing/shipping addresses or information for their awards to be properly delivered. We cannot be held legally liable and/or responsible for any mail or shipping delays and/or lost packages. Monetary awards will not be substituted for prizes. This is a friendly competition, open to ANY eligible sewers or quilters who wish to participate. And Please, let's not lose sight of what this competition is about - our Service Members and Veterans. We need to do our very best for Them, as they have done for us...Thank YOU and Good Luck!